Pasta with Peas and Pancetta
Pasta with Peas and Pancetta Recipe. A delicious pasta with tasty bits of pancetta and peas.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|white wine||1 cup|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1 3/4 lbs|
|basil (dry)||1 Tbsp|
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps||chopped|
|red pepper flakes||1/4 tsp|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|pea (frozen)||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta. Sauté until it starts to become crispy.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the white wine and tomatoes.
- Stir in the basil, Italian parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a stockpot bring the water to a boil. Add the salt to the boiling water.
- Place the pasta in the boiling water and cook uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes. When the pasta is al dente remove the pasta from the water to the sauté pan.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and increase the heat to high. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well and remove to a platter to serve.