Pasta with Broccoli and Prosciutto
Pasta with Broccoli and Prosciutto Recipe. A quick and light pasta dish for a weeknight supper. You have crispy broccoli combined with the rich salty flavor of prosciutto all intertwined with tender pasta. A meal in itself that won't weigh you down.
|broccoli crowns||1/2 lb|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|red pepper flakes||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|chicken broth||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
- Bring the water and salt to a boil.
- Remove the florets from the stem and roughly chop. Dice the stems.
- Parboil the broccoli for 2 minutes and remove to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook till al dente.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the prosciutto and broccoli. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and increase the heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Coat with cheese and serve.