Pasta with Basil and Lemon
Pasta with Basil and Lemon Recipe. A delicious summer pasta dish. Light and tasty and it cooks up in no time. A great dish for a weeknight dinner.
|lemon juice||1/3 cup|
|olive oil||3 Tbsps|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
|basil (bunch)||1||leaves picked from the stems|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- In a stockpot bring enough water to cook the pasta to a boil. Add salt to the boiling water.
- Place spaghetti in the boiling water and cook uncovered for 7 minutes or al dente.
- In a large bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully add the basil leaves and capers.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl. Toss.
- Add pasta water to the bowl if it is too dry.
- Add black pepper to taste.