Orange Granita recipe. A refreshing desert to finish off a great meal or a great way to cleanse the palate during a multi course meal.
|orange juice||4 cups||freshly squeezed|
|lemon juice||1/2 cup|
- In a saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside and allow to completely cool.
- In a glass-baking dish mix the orange juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Place in the freezer.
- Check every 25 minutes and using a fork scrape the top of the frozen juice to form a slush. Repeat.
- Keep in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- Scoop the granita into chilled wine or martini glasses and serve.