Orange Chicken Recipe. Crispy skin, juicy chicken, all with a citrus touch. A great weeknight meal for the family.
|chicken||1||cut into pieces|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|orange juice||2 cups|
|oregano (dried)||1/4 tsp|
- Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish. Pour lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with the salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a 1/2 hour.
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the butter.
- Add the chicken pieces skin side down. Brown the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces over and pour in the orange juice and add the oregano.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes.