Open-faced Roquefort Burger
Open-faced Roquefort Burger Recipe.
|Roquefort cheese||1/2 cup||crumbled|
|unsalted butter||1 cup||softened|
|wax paper||1||1 Piece -10 x 10 inches|
|ground beef||1 3/4 lbs||coarsely ground & well chilled|
|Dijon mustard||1 tsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 tsp|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|baguette||1||sliced into 4 x 5 inch slices|
|French dressing||1/4 cup|
- In a bowl mix together the cheese with the butter and diced chives.
- Cut a sheet of wax paper approximately 10 x 10 inches. Mold the prepared butter in a strip about 1 1/2 inches wide along the front edge of the paper then roll up tightly , twisting the ends to form a fat bonbon shape. Place in the freezer overnight.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, then divide the hamburger mix into 8 evenly sized patties.
- Remove the cheese roll from the freezer, allow to soften slightly and cut into 4 equal slices.
- Place a slice of cheese roll on 4 of the patties and use the remaining 4 patties as lids; with your fingertips, pinch the edges together to seal in the cheese filling. Brush the burgers with a little oil.
- Heat the grill and, when smoking hot, cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- To serve, top each section of the baguette with a sliced tomato, then a grilled burger, and top with some dressed salad leaves, and serve.