New York Steak with Mushrooms
New York Steak and Mushrooms Recipe. Hearty mushrooms in a creamy sauce creates an additional layer of flavor and comfort for an already impressive cut of beef.
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|New York steak||4|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|button mushroom||2 lbs||quartered|
|red wine||1/4 cup|
|heavy cream||1/2 cup|
- In a large sauté pan heat 1/2 of the olive oil over medium heat. Season the steaks with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the steaks in the sauté pan and fry on each side for 4 to 5 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking heat the remaining olive oil in a separate sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the quartered mushrooms, thyme, and garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cook steaks to a serving dish to rest.
- In the sauté pan used for cooking the steaks stir in the red wine. Increase the heat to high and continue to stir scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen all the bits of flavor. Continue to cook until the wine has reduced by half.
- Lower to a simmer and stir in the heavy cream. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked mushroom and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mushroom and sauce over the steaks and serve.