Mustard Mashed Potatoes
Mustard Mashed Potatoes Recipe. These potatoes are amazing. The Dijon mustard is the missing link. It gives a hint of richness and spiciness to a great tasting potato. No gravy is needed.
|yukon gold potato||3 lbs||peeled and quartered|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup||to taste|
|cream||2 cups||to taste|
|Dijon mustard||3 Tbsps||to taste|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- In a large stock pot combine the water, Yukon gold potatoes, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the water.
- Add the butter and cream in batches while mashing the potatoes to a desired consistency.
- Add the Dijon mustard and continue mashing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.