Mushroom Risotto Recipe. Creamy risotto with the rich flavor of sautéed mushrooms. Oh my mouth watering goodness.
|chicken broth||6 1/2 cups|
|olive oil||1/4 cup||divided|
|button mushroom||1/2 lb||sliced|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|Arborio rice||2 cups|
|white wine||1/4 cup|
|whipping cream||1/4 cup|
|Italian parsley||1 Tbsp||chopped|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
- In a saucepan bring the chicken broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the mushrooms are wilted. Remove and set aside.
- In the saucepan heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Stir in a 1/3 of the unsalted butter.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and toast for 5 to 7 minutes. Constantly stir the rice to prevent burning.
- Stir in the white wine. Add 1 1/2 cups of the simmering chicken broth. Continue to stir the Arborio rice until the broth is absorbed.
- Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth and continually stir until the broth is absorbed. Repeat until the broth is all used up.
- Stir in the reserved mushrooms and garlic.
- Stir in the remaining unsalted butter, whipping cream, Italian parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese..
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.