Moorish Chopped Salad
Moorish Chopped Salad Recipe. A salad to be enjoyed on a warm day on the back porch with a nice glass of white wine. The beauty of this salad is that it is very light and comforting but for those who want a little spice they can kick it up with some red pepper flakes.
|lemon juice||3 Tbsps|
|garlic clove||1||mashed to a paste|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|tomato||2||seeded and chopped|
|cucumber||1/2||peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|red bell pepper||1/2||seeded and diced|
|bell pepper||1/2||seeded and diced|
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps||minced|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|red pepper flakes||1/4 tsp|
- In a salad bowl whisk together 2/3 of the lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper, bell pepper, cilantro, and Italian parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad.
- Take the remaining lemon juice and whisk into the yogurt. Drizzle the yogurt over the top.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve.