Mojito Recipe. You want a Cuban drink? Well this is a Cuban drink. A drink made famous by Hemingway when he lived in Cuba. So if you want to get that latin feeling this drink will help kick it off.
|superfine sugar||1/4 cup|
|mint (fresh)||1/4 cup|
|lime||1/4||cut into a wedge|
|lime juice||2 Tbsps|
|club soda||2 Tbsps|
- In a saucepan over high heat bring the water to a boil. Add the superfine sugar and mix until it completely dissolves. Cool completely before using it in the rest of the recipe.
- Drop the mint into a tall drinking glass. Add the lime wedge, lime juice, and sugar.
- Using a spoon mash up the mint till it combines well with the the lime and sugar.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice.
- Add the rum until it reaches halfway up the glass.
- Pour in the simple syrup until it almost reaches the top of the glass.
- Top with soda water. Garnish with a lime and sprig of mint.
This drink is very tastey but it does have a fair amount of rum. So use discretion on how many are served.