Mixed Greens with Vinaigrette
Mixed Greens with Vinaigrette Recipe. This is your basic salad which should be part of every lunch and dinner menu. Salad gives you that freshness that is needed with every meal. Consider serving the salad on the same plate as your main dish as it will act as an added seasoning.
|celery stalk||2||medium size - sliced into 1/4 pieces|
|red onion||1/2||sliced thin|
|tomato||2||cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|cucumber||1/2||seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|lettuce||1/4||crisp leaves - chopped|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|white distilled vinegar||1/4 cup|
|salt||3/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a bowl combine all the vegetables and toss.
- Add part of the salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil first then follow with the vinegar and toss.
- Taste the salad and add the remaining salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the salad sit for about 5 minutes before serving so the flavors of the vegetable can combine.
You can add other vegetables to this salad. Consider adding, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.