Minestrone Soup Recipe. A delicious hearty and creamy soup full of great little bites of vegetables, pancetta, and pasta. Every spoonful will bring a smile to your face. This is a great soup to share with a crowd.
|cannellini bean||2 cups|
|cranberry bean||1 cup|
|chicken broth||10 cups|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|carrot||2||peeled and diced|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1 3/4 lbs|
|red wine||1/2 cup|
|potato||2||peeled and diced|
|pasta||1/2 tsp||small type pasta|
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps||chopped|
|kale||1/4 lb||stems removed and chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Place the cannellini beans and cranberry beans into separate glass bowls and cover with water. Soak overnight.
- In a large stockpot drain the cannellini beans and place in a large stockpot. Cover with 1/2 of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add the chopped pancetta. Cook for 10 minutes until the pancetta is crispy. Set aside.
- In the same sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic clove. Sauté until the onion is translucent. Remove from the heat.
- Remove half of the cannellini beans from the stockpot and puree in a blender. Pour the puree back into the stockpot.
- Drain the cranberry beans and add to the stockpot. Stir in the pancetta, sautéed vegetables, chopped tomatoes, red wine, and potato. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Stir in the zucchini, pasta, Italian parsley, kale, and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for an additional 1/2 hour.