Marinated Butternut Squash
Marinated Butternut Squash Recipe. Layers of flavor. You start with Butternut Squash with its subtle nutty flavor. Top it with the spicy tangy marinade. And garnish it with the sweet refreshing taste of mint. It all comes together in a single impactful bite that you will love.
|butternut squash||1||sliced in half longwise, seeded, and sliced into 1 inch pieces crosswise|
|black pepper||1 Tbsp|
|red onion||1/2||sliced thin|
|red pepper flakes||1/2 tsp|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|garlic clove||1||sliced thin|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|red wine vinegar||1/2 cup|
|mint (fresh)||1/4 cup||garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the butternut squash on both sides and drizzle with oil.
- Place on cookie sheet and roast for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- While the butternut squash is roasting combine the red onion, red pepper flakes, oregano, sliced garlic clove, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
- Place the roasted butternut squash in a serving dish pour over marinade and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.