Macaroni Salad. A classic picnic sidedish that can be served any day of the week for lunch or dinner. Great flavors and great textures. The celery gives it that bit of needed crunch.
|water||5 cups||enough to cover macaroni|
|macaroni||2 1/3 cups|
|Dijon mustard||1/4 cup|
|sugar||1 1/2 Tbsps|
|lemon juice||2 Tbsps|
|celery stalk||4||thinly chopped|
|green onion||2||thinly chopped|
|bread-and-butter pickles||1 1/3 cups||drained and thinly chopped|
|pimiento||1/2 lb||drained & diced|
- In a stockpot add the salt and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the macaroni and cook until al dente.
- In a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, green onion, bread-and-butter pickles, and pimientos.
- Stir in the mayonnaise mixture and mix well.
- Allow to chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.