Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. An American classic. This is your favorite cheesey, gooey, comfort food.
|salt||2 Tbsps||to taste|
|elbow pasta||1 lb|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|dry mustard||1 tsp|
|cayenne pepper||1/4 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|chicken broth||1 3/4 cups|
|milk||3 1/2 cups|
|colby cheese||1 lb||grated|
|cheddar cheese||1/2 lb||extra-sharp, grated|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|white sandwich bread - slice||4||crust removed and torn into pieces|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps||melted|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with water, add the salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the elbow pasta and cook for 5 minutes until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Wipe the pot dry and add the butter. Melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour. Stir for 1 minute until golden brown. Add the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the grated colby and cheddar cheese. Mix well until all melted.
- Add the cooked elbow pasta and combine well. Add black pepper to taste.
- In a food processor combine the torn bread slices and butter. Pulse unti you have bread crumbs.
- Pour the pasta into a rectangular baking dish and sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides. Remove and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.