Lemon Squares Recipe. A delicious lemon dessert or treat with your morning coffee.
|unsalted butter||1 cup|
|powdered sugar||1/2 cup|
|all-purpose flour||2 cups|
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|lemon juice||2/3 cup|
|lemon zest||2 Tbsps||grated rind of 1 lemon|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a mixer beat the butter. Slowly add the powdered sugar, salt, and all-purpose flour.
- Pat the flour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Using a mixer beat the eggs. Slowly add the sugar, all-purpose flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture in the 9 x 13 pan.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.
1 batch yields 18 bars.