Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce
Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce Recipe. Forget about the store bought barbeque sauce. Nothing compares to homemade. Everyone will be asking you for this recipe. It's that good and easy to make.
|cider vinegar||1/2 cup|
|spiced rum||2 Tbsps|
|liquid smoke||1 Tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/4 cup|
|allspice (ground)||1 tsp|
|chili powder||1 Tbsp|
|ground cloves||1/4 tsp|
|garlic powder||2 tsps|
|brown sugar||1/2 cup||packed|
|black pepper||2 tsps|
|kosher salt||2 tsps||to taste|
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine all the wet and dry ingredients except the ketchup.
- Make sure all the dry ingredients have dissolved.
- Stir in the ketchup and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
For a flavorful barbeque consider using the BBQ Rub recipe to season your meat before using the Kansas City BBQ Sauce to baste your meat.