Jalapeno Chicken Recipe. A masterpiece of flavors all rolled up into one. The layers start with smokey bacon, followed by tender chicken, spicy jalapeno, and soothing melted Monterey Jack Cheese.
|chicken breast - boneless & skinless - frozen||6||defrosted|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|jalapeno chile||3||sliced in half and seeded|
|Monterey Jack cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|white distilled vinegar||1/4 cup|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, white distiled vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic and pound with a mallet or rolling pin. Pound until the chicken is about a 1/4 inch thick all the way around. Be careful not to tear holes in the chicken. Salt and pepper each side to taste.
- Take a jalapeno chile half and stuff with the grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place the cheese stuffed jalapeno at the end of the flattened chicken breast and roll up.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the rolled up chicken breast and secure with a tootpick.
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Place on grill and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn over and baste with the basting liquid.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes and baste with the remaining basting liquid.