Huevos Rancheros Recipe. The classic Mexican breakfast. Start your day with a little spice.
|serrano chile||6||seeded and diced|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Tortillas & Eggs|
- In a large frying pan heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic cloves. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the serrano chiles, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until you get the salsa consistency. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- In a separate frying pan heat the remaining oil over high heat.
- Fry two tortillas for about 30 seconds and remove. Repeat.
- Place the tortillas on a plate. Fry the eggs two at time and place on top of the tortillas.
- Spoon the salsa over the eggs and serve.
To make perfect eggs use a non-stick frying pan. Crack the eggs you desire to make into a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil or butter over medium heat and add the eggs. After the eggs set up and begin to turn white lower the heat and cover the pan. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until the gelatinous part of the egg on top is cooked.