Hawaiian Rib Eye
Hawaiian Rib Eye Steak Recipe. A tropic twist that results in a slightly sweet, juicy, and tender Rib Eye.
|pineapple (canned)||3/4 cup||drained|
|soy sauce||1 2/3 cups|
|sugar||1 2/3 cups|
|dried ground ginger||1 1/2 tsps|
|rib-eye steak||2||6 to 8 oz. each|
- In a saucepan combine the cider, pineapple, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and dried ginger. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook covered for 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place the steaks in a glass baking dish or sealable plastic bag. Cover with the marinade and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare your grill. If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that a white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove and allow them to sit for 2 to 3 minutes before serving to increase the juiciness of the steaks.