Halloween Rotten Apples
Halloween Rotten Apples Recipe. These apples are from from being rotten they're delicious. A perfect centerpiece to for your Halloween Buffet table.
|brown sugar||1/2 cup||firmly packed|
|pecan halves||1/2 cup||chopped|
|Golden Delicious apple||6||cored from the bottom - stem left in place|
|gummi worms||1 cup||cut in half|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Combine the raisins and chopped pecan halves in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stuff the raisin nut mixture into the cored apples.
- Place the apples in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Spoon the sugar mixture over the apples and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Spoon the syrup over the apples every 10 minutes. Bake until the skin of the apples begin to crack.
- Remove the apples and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Make small holes in the apple and stuff with the gummi worm halves. Spoon the syrup over the apples and serve.