Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes
Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe. Your basic light and fluffy cupcake with a little fright on top.
|all-purpose flour||2 3/4 cups|
|baking powder||2 tsps|
|baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|sugar||2 1/2 cups|
|cocoa powder - unsweetened||1 cup|
|heavy cream||1/4 cup|
|chocolate frosting||2 cups|
|white icing||1/2 cup|
|chocolate decorating gel||1/2 cup|
|Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie||9|
- In a bowl sift together the all-purpose flower, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the cocoa powder - unsweetend, and heavy cream. Combine.
- Add one egg and cream together. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- With the mixer running at the slowest speed pour in a 1/3 of the sifted dry ingredients. Add 1/2 the water. Pour in another 1/3 of the sifted dry ingredients. Pour in the rest of the water. Add the last 1/3 of the dry sifted ingredients and continue mixing until the batter is all combined.
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and pour the batter into the cupcake cups 1/2 way and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the cupcake and it comes out clean.
- Take a peanut butter sandwich cookie and cut in half so it appears like gravestones. Separate the sandwich and scrape out the peanut butter. Coat with the white icing and inscribe the gravestones with the chocolate decorating gel.
- Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting and then top with a gravestone.
1 batch will make 36 cupcakes.