Grilled Vegetables Recipe. You know food imitates art when you make this recipe. The brilliant color combinations you'll get from these vegetables will certainly impress your guests. You'll have them staring at the serving dish before taking a bite. By grilling the vegetables you get a crisp bite with a fresh taste.
|red bell pepper||1||seeded & membrane removed sliced into 1 inch slices|
|yellow bell pepper||1||seeded & membrane removed sliced into 1 inch slices|
|bell pepper||1||seeded & membrane removed sliced into 1 inch slices|
|zucchini||2||sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch slices|
|Japanese eggplant||1||sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch slices and boiled in water for 1 minute|
|olive oil||2 cups|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Lay out your vegetables onto a baking pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side until they get nice black grill marks.
- Remove and place back into the baking pan. Move the vegetables around the pan so they soak up the remaining olive oil.
- Slice up the portabella mushroom. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on a nice platter.
The Japanese eggplant is boiled for 1 minute to prevent it from drying out on the grill.