Grilled Thai Beef
Grilled Thai Beef Recipe
|flank steak||1 1/2 lbs|
|cilantro||2 Tbsps||stems only - diced|
|white peppercorn||1 Tbsp||crushed|
|fish sauce||1 1/2 Tbsps|
|soy sauce||1 1/2 Tbsps|
- Place your flank steak flat on a cutting board.
- Using your knife cut accross the top of the the steak in the direction of the grain to get thin slices that are about 1 inch wide, 1/4 inch thick, and 4 inches long.
- Take a skewer and thread through the meat lengthwise like you're sewing a piece of fabric. Leave 2 inches of skewer open at the bottom.
- Combine the diced garlic, cilantro stems, crushed white peppercorns, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Place the skewered meat in a shallow baking dish and pour the sauce over the meat.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Prepare your grill for high heat.
- Grill on each side for about 2 to 5 minutes until cooked through.
When grilling the Thai beef keep the lower two inches of the skewers away from the direct heat of the grill. This will insure that the skewers do not burn.