Grilled Portobello Mushroom Salad
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe. When describing a grilled Portobello you might as well be talking about a great grilled steak. This mushroom is juicy, tender, and full of flavor. When added to a salad it's a meal in itself.
|olive oil||3/4 cup|
|balsamic vinegar||1/2 cup|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|portobello mushroom||2||stems removed|
|baby lettuces and greens||6 cups|
|cherry tomato||1 lb||sliced into quarters|
- In a bowl combine whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Place the portobello mushrooms in a a baking dish and cover with the vinaigrette. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side and remove. Place in same baking dish and swish the mushrooms around in the vinaigrette on both sides.
- In a salad bowl combine the baby lettuces and cherry tomatoes.
- Slice the portobello mushrooms and place in salad bowl.
- Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salad.
- Toss and serve.