Grilled Avocado Recipe. A favorite recipe among avocado farmers who like to taste the true flavor of avocados. The flavor is enhanced with a slight smokiness of the grill and spiciness of your favorite salsa.
|avocado||1||sliced in half lenghtwise and pit removed|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|salsa||2 Tbsps||to taste|
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium.
- If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing. Spread out the coals in an even layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper of the avocado to taste.
- Place flesh side down on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and squeeze a lemon over the grilled sliced avocado to taste.
- Place your favorite salsa in the indented area that held the pit.
Take a spoon and start from the outside dipping the avocado into the salsa.