Green Beans with Roasted Shallots
Green Beans with Roasted Shallots Recipe
|shallot||1/2 lb||peeled and cut in half|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|balsamic vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|black pepper||1 1/2 tsps|
|green bean||1 lb||stem ends trimmed|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lay out a 1 foot sheet of aluminum foil.
- On the aluminum sheet place the shallots. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap up the foil so none of the olive oil or balsamic vinegar will spill out. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Fill a stock pot with water and bring to boil. Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Add the green beens to the boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and place in the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a seperate bowl combine the cooked green beans and roasted shallot mixture. Toss and serve.