Green Beans with Onion and Tomato
Green Beans with Onion and Tomato Recipe.
|green bean||2 lbs||stem ends trimmed & cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|red wine vinegar||3 Tbsps|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|red onion||1/4||sliced thin|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
- In a saucepan bring the water and salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans and lower to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl combine the garlic clove, red wine vinegar, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Drain the green beans.
- In a salad bowl combine the green beans, tomato, and red onions.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Top with the oregano and serve.