Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds
Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds Recipe
|green bean||1 1/2 lbs||washed and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|bacon||1/2 lb||cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|almonds - sliced||1/4 cup||slivered|
- In a stock pot bring enough salted water to cover the green beans to a boil.
- Par boil the green beans for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the green beans under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a frying pan heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the bacon until brown.
- Remove the bacon to a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
- Add the green beans to the frying pan and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and add the chopped bacon, slivered almonds, and salt and pepper to taste.