Goblin Goo Pudding Trifle
Goblin Goo Pudding. A spooky desert that sets the tone for any Halloween Haunt. It's so scary that it's good.
|chocolate pudding mix||1 1/4 cups|
|heavy cream||4 cups|
|food coloring - yellow||2 1/2 tsps|
|food coloring - red||1 tsp|
|Oreo Cookies - Halloween style||30||crushed|
|boo marshmallow peeps||3|
- In a saucepan combine the chocolate pudding mix and milk. Mix well and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and allow to thicken and completely cool.
- Place the heavy cream and sugar into a mixer and whip until you form soft peaks.
- Add the yellow and red food coloring and mix until the whipped cream turns orange.
- In a trifle dish or clear glass serving dish spoon in a layer of the chocolate pudding.
- On top of the chocolate pudding place a layer of the orange whipped cream. Repeat the layering until you reach the top with a final layer of the orange whipped cream.
- Spinkle on top the crushed Halloween style Oreo cookies.
- Take a piece of licorice and slice down the middle about a 1/4 of the way down. Turn the licorice and repeat so that you have 4 quarters. Insert a skewer that has been cut to size into the licorice and place in the middle of the pudding. Repeat with the remaining licorice. See picture above.
- Place the boo marshmallow peeps in scary locations on top of the Oreo cookies. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
The recipe calls for 1 1/4 cups of chocolate pudding mix which is about 2 5 oz. boxes of Jello Chocolate pudding mix.