German Potato Salad
German Potato Salad Recipe. A must for any picnic, tailgater, or backyard party.
|bacon||1/2 lb||sliced widthwise into 1/4 inch strips|
|red wine vinegar||1/2 cup|
|Creole mustard||2 Tbsps|
|dry mustard||1/4 tsp|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|Italian parsley||3 Tbsps||chopped|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
- Place the red potatoes in large stockpot and cover with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Place the bacon in an unheated sauté pan and cook over medium heat. Turn frequently and cook until you achieve your desired crispiness. Reserve the fat.
- Add the onion and celery to the reserved bacon fat. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Slice the cooked red potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a bowl place the red potatoes, onion, and celery. Fold in the bacon.
- In a bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, Creole mustard, dry mustard, sugar, and olive oil.
- Add the chopped dill and Italian parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the potato salad and gently toss. Refrigerate the salad for a 1/2 hour to allow the potatoes to absorb the flavors.