French Toast Casserole
French Toast Casserole Recipe. Hungry breakfast crowd? This recipe is gooey, fluffy, decadent, pleasure. This is a great recipe where you can do most of the work the night before.
|French bread loaf - sliced||1|
|unsalted butter||1 Tbsp||softened|
|half & half||2 cups|
|vanilla extract||2 tsps|
|unsalted butter||3/4 cup||softened|
|corn syrup||3 Tbsps|
|brown sugar||1 1/3 cups|
|pecan pieces||1 1/2 cups|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place the bread slices on two baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a bowl combine the egg, milk, half & half, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Place the toasted french bread slices in the baking dish in two layers covering every section of the baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread into the baking dish. Using your hands push the bread into the liquid ensuring that every slice becomes soaked. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine the softened butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and pecan pieces. Mix together to form a paste.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking dish and spoon on the sugar mixture. Using a spatula carefully spread the sugar mixture over the top to completely cover the bread. Place the baking dish on baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
The baking dish is placed on a baking sheet because the French Toast Casserole will rise and may start to ooze on the side.