French Fries Recipe. This is the classic French Fry recipe. The key to getting crisp french fries is to soak them in water to remove the starch.
|potato||6||medium size- sliced into 1/4 inch strips|
- Soak the potatoes in cold water to remove the starch. When the water begins to get cloudy change the water. Repeat these steps 3 times until the water remains clear.
- Soak the pototoes in ice water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the ice water and pat dry.
- In a frying pan heat 2 inches of oil to 325 degrees.
- Fry the potatoes in batches so the frying pan does not become crowded. Fry until the potatoes start to get brown.
- Remove the potatoes to a plate covered with paper towels. Allow the paper towels to soak up the excess oil. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Reheat the oil to 375 degrees and fry the potatoes for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the fries to a paper towel to drain the excess oil and season with salt.