Filet Mignon Medallions
Filet Mignon recipe.
|filet mignon||2 lbs||cut into 1 inch thick by 2 inch wide medallions|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|vegetable oil||2 Tbsps|
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take some butcher cord. Wrap around each medallion and tie tightly to insure the medallion keeps its round shape during cooking.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in an oven proof skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Season the filet mignon medallions on each side with salt and pepper.
- Sear each side of the filet mignon medallion for about 2 minutes. Place the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The steaks will be medium rare.
- Remove the filet mignon medallions from the skillet and allow them to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
When you go to the meat store ask them for filet mignon medallions. 1 medallion per person.