Figs and Fettuccine
Figs and Fettuccine Recipe. A creamy and delicious pasta dish accentuated with the addition of fresh figs. The figs impart a slight sweetness that balances the savoriness of the red pepper flakes and the slight sourness of the lemon zest. All off this combined with the lightness of the egg noodles produces a winning dish that you and your family will enjoy.
|egg noodles - fettuccine||1/2 lb|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|lemon zest||1 Tbsp|
|red pepper flakes||1 pinch|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|heavy cream||1 cup|
|Parmigiano-Reggiano||1 1/4 cups||grated|
- In a stockpot bring enough water to cook the pasta to a boil. Add salt to the boiling water.
- Place the egg noodles - fettucine in the boiling water and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking melt the unsalted butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the lemon zest and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the figs and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Increase the heat to high and sauté for 1 minute. Gently stir the figs around trying not break their natural shape.
- Drain the pasta and add to the large saucepan. Add the heavy cream and gently toss for 30 seconds.
- Add the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and gently toss for an additional 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.