Fig Fritters Recipe. Make fig fritters is great way to prepare figs for a simple dessert bite or for eating with a delicious scoop of ice cream. This is a great way to experience the intensified flavors and textures of a cooked fig.
|vegetable oil||4 cups|
|fig||2 lbs||stem removed and cut in half|
|all-purpose flour||4 cups|
- In a large stockpot or deep fryer heat the vegetable oil to 370 degrees.
- In a baking dish combine the all-purpose flour and semolina flour. Mix well.
- Pour the buttermilk into a large bowl.
- Prepare a paper-covered plate to dry the fig fritters.
- Take 6 fig halves and dip them in the buttermilk. Remove the figs from the buttermilk and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Placed the flour-covered figs back into the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour mixture one more time. This will double coat your figs and give you a nice crispy exterior.
- Place the figs into the hot vegetable oil and fry for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the figs from the hot oil and place them onto the paper-covered plate. Sprinkle all sides of the fig fritters with sugar.
- Repeat the process until all the figs have been fried. Serve immediately.