Easter Egg Recipe. A great activity for the whole family to enjoy. Get together with your kids color some eggs and have an Easter Egg hunt.
|white distilled vinegar||1/2 cup|
|food coloring||2 Tbsps|
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator 2 hours before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Place the eggs in a large stock pot and cover with cold water and vinegar. At the same time fill a large bowl with water and ice cubes to create an ice bath.
- Place the stock pot over medium high heat uncovered and bring to a simmer. Do not allow it come to a fast boil. Reduce heat accordingly.
- Once the water comes to a simmer cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the cooked eggs and place in the ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Cover the table being used for egg decoration with newspaper.
- Fill a small plastic cup or bowl with 1 cup of the hot water from the stock pot. Add 20 drops of food coloring to the cup. Repeat with different colors.
- Using a spoon carefully dunk into color bath of choice. The longer the egg is in the color bath, the deeper the color will be. Once you achieve your desired color remove and place in egg carton or on a baking rack to dry.
This recipe is based on 6 different colors. Food coloring usually comes in a package of 4 vials (green, yellow, red, and blue). Each vial is a 1/4 oz. To make other colors the package instructions will provide you with the amounts needed from each vial to get the desired color.