Dutch Apple Muffins
Dutch Apple Muffins Recipe. This is an apple pie disguised as a muffin. Chunks of apple with cinnamon flavor that fits in the palm of your hand. Pure goodness.
|apple||1 1/2 cups||peeled, cored, and chopped|
|lemon juice||2 tsps|
|all-purpose flour||2 1/2 cups|
|baking powder||1 1/3 Tbsps|
|heavy cream||1 cup|
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup||melted|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl combine the chopped apples, lemon juice, raisins, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In the last bowl beat the eggs with the heavy cream and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour the apple mixture and egg mixture into the large bowl that contains the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a muffin tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
1 batch makes 12 to 16 muffins.