Dried Mushroom Mayonnaise
Dried Mushroom Mayonnaise Recipe. A great and simple way to create a rich creamy spread for any sandwich or vegetable platter.
|porcini (dried)||1 cup|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
- Rinse off the dried porcini mushrooms.
- Place in a bowl with water to cover.
- Soak for 30 minutes stirring occassionally.
- Drain the mushrooms and squeeze out any excess water.
- Dice the mushrooms.
- In a bowl combine the mushrooms with the mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the mushroom mayonnaise to sit at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.