Dilled Chicken Recipe. A wonderful way to prepare a chicken for a family dinner. Tender juicy chicken in a savory sweet sauce with hints of lemon and dill.
|chicken||1||cut into pieces|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1 lb|
|lemon juice||2 Tbsps|
- Using half of the salt and black pepper season the chicken pieces all over.
- In a stockpot heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the unsalted butter.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the chopped tomato and its juices, dill, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Cook covered for 35 to 40 minutes.