Curry Lentil Soup
Curry Lentil Soup. A creamy soup that truely warms you up.
|coriander||1 1/3 Tbsps|
|turmeric||1 1/3 Tbsps|
|curry powder||1/4 cup|
|anise seed||1 tsp|
|potato||2 lbs||peeled and chopped|
|vegetable stock||8 cups|
|tomato paste||1/4 cup|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a bowl combine the cumin, coriander, turmeric, curry powder, anise seed, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Place the spice mixture in a stockpot and place on medium high heat. Stir around for 1 to 2 minutes until you begin to smell an aroma.
- Add the potatoes. Stir well to evenly coat the potatoes with the spice mixture.
- Add the lentils and drizzle in the oil. Mix again.
- Stir in the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- In batches puree the soup in a blender. Pour the pureed soup into the stockpot and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.