Cuban Fried Eggs
Cuban Fried Eggs. If you're a fan of runny egg yolks then this is the dish for you.
|rice, long white grain||2 cups|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|olive oil||1 cup|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
- For the rice combine the rice, olive oil, salt, and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until most of the water has evaporated and small craters begin to form.
- Stir the rice. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the garlic glove and fry until golden brown. Remove.
- Break an egg into a bowl and slide it into the sauté pan.
- Spoon oil over the egg so that the top portion cooks. The should take 1 to 2 minutes to cook. Remove to a paper towel covered plate to soak up the excess oil. Repeat.
- Cover a plate with the cooked rice and top with one egg.
- Salt and pepper to taste.