Croque-Monsieur. The ultimate ham and cheese sandwich.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|Gruyere cheese||1/4 lb||sliced thin|
|country-cured ham||1/4 lb||sliced thin|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Place all the slices of bread on the baking sheet so that one side of the bread is coated by the olive oil.
- Take a slice of bread and layer with a slice of Gruyere cheese and honey-cured ham. Top with a slice of bread wet side up. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip the sandwiches and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and trim the crusts from the sandwiches. Cut diagonally and serve.