Creamy Carrot Soup
Creamy Carrot Soup. A quick and delicious Mexican soup. Warm up some tortillas and enjoy this beautiful soup.
|carrot||1 lb||peeled and sliced|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|chipotle chile (canned)||1|
|evaporated milk||2 1/2 cups|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- In a stock pot combine the chicken, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, and water. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and slice into pieces.
- In batches place the chicken slices, carrots, onion, garlic, chipotle and cooking liquid in a blender. Blend until it is creamy.
- In another stock pot pour in the evaporated milk and begin to warm over medium heat.
- Slowly add the creamy chicken mixture and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.