Creamed Spinach Recipe. A classic side dish that goes great with steak or roasted chicken. It's just decadent.
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup|
|heavy cream||1 1/2 cups|
|cream cheese||1/4 lb|
|all-purpose flour||2 Tbsps|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|spinach - frozen||2 lbs||thawed|
|Parmesan cheese||1 cup|
- In a sauté pan melt half the butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic cloves. Sauté until translucent.
- Stir in the cream and all purpose flour. Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stirring constantly bring the creamy mixture to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- In a stockpot melt the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and stir until warmed through.
- Stir in the creamy mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve.