Corn Fritters with Bacon and Goat Cheese
Corn Fritters with Bacon and Goat Cheese Recipe. This is real comfort food. Crispy corn fritters filled with bacon and goat cheese.
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|baking powder||2 tsps|
|baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|goat cheese||1/3 lb||soft - crumbled|
|bacon||1/2 lb||sliced in 1/4 inch pieces|
|frozen corn||2/3 lb|
|onion||1||small - diced|
|cayenne pepper||1/4 tsp|
|corn oil||1/2 cup|
- In a large bowl mix together the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and buttermilk.
- Stir in the goat cheese, bacon, frozen corn, onion, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- In a large sauté pan heat the corn oil over high heat.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scooper drop in the batter into the hot corn oil.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and remove to a paper covered plate to dry.
1 batch yields about 20 fritters