Collard Greens Recipe. A southern traditional side dish for family gatherings and holidays. These delicious greens are slowly simmered to bring out its true flavor to make any meal a true homecoming.
|ham hock||2 lbs|
|chicken broth||12 cups|
|collard greens||2 lbs||washed well|
- Using a knife remove the center stem of the collard greens.
- Stack up all the leaves. Starting on one side lengthwise roll the leaves up.
- Slice the rolled up leaves into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large stock pot combine the ham hock, yellow onion, garlic clove, oil, and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the sliced collard greens and salt to taste. Cover and lower to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3 hours stirring occasionally.