Churros Recipe. Ahh memories of being a kid and smelling churros, seeing the cart, and begging your parents for a bag of crunchy on the outside heaven in the inside, covered with sugar. If you were lucky they'd also serve hot chocolate.
|all-purpose flour||3 cups|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
- In a saucepan combine the water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a bowl sift together the all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- Dump the flour into the water and stir vigorously to form a dough.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet to 370 degrees.
- Place the dough in a large pastry bag with a star shaped tip.
- Press out 4 inch strips into the hot oil without overcrowding the pan.
- Fry for 2 minutes to 3 minutes total.
- Remove to a paper lined plate and sprinkle with the sugar.