Chupe de Camarones
Chupe de Camarones Recipe. This is a classic Peruvian Shrimp Chowder that is a meal in itself. When you're looking for a cozy meal on a crisp night this is a great dish to make.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|corn||1||cut into small cobs|
|potato||2 lbs||peeled and chopped|
|green pea||2 Tbsps|
|salt||2 Tbsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|oregano (dried)||1 pinch|
|shrimp-medium, frozen & deveined||1 lb||thawed|
|egg||6||cracked into a bowl|
|evaporated milk||1 cup|
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps||chopped|
- In a stockpot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, tomato, and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the boiling water.
- Add the corn, potato, green pea, and rice.
- Add the oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the shrimp. Gently stir in the eggs.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp has cooked through.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and remove from the heat. Garnish with the Italian parsley and serve.